Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dirty Three and Laughing Clowns

To finish off the 4 day weekend [and me] Dirty Three played Ocean Songs [1hr 40min] and Laughing Clowns played History of Rock n' Roll Volume One [1hr 05min].

Started at 8.00pm, 30min break between bands and i walked out at 11.30. Absolutely exhausted. Absolutely thrilled.

Not much you can say about these two bands. You just have to listen to it.

The Laughing Clowns - History Of Rock n' Roll Volume One - Live @ The Tivoli - 25 Jan 2010

Dirty Three - Ocean Songs - Live @ The Tivoli - 25 Jan 2010

3 comments:

bob nebe said...

Damn fine work Brenden beat the SSS blog to it,
I have so far posted pics of the clowns, with the D3 to follow

Unknown said...

I've grabbed a couple of fantastic files from your collection over the last year.. but i was dang happy to see the clowns gig posted here as the recording i made just overloaded the mic and crapped out.... a good reminder to check settings often...

3 cheers turn it up! i appreciate your hard work and busy gig life.. it means an old fart like me can sit at home and still hear what the music world gets up to.
Not to mention save me from posting a crap file when the good stuff already exists.
Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch for the D3 one !!
I wish I could have been there...
Marc - from France
The Graal of bootlegs I'm still after : D3 w/ nick cave @ Barbican playing Ocean Songs... your post was damn near !!!! thank again...